Monday, March 3, 2008

a cold day in austin

I awoke this morning to the sound of wind and rain pounding against my window. Luckily I wasn't scheduled to work until the evening so there was no hurry to get out of bed, which made me very happy in spite of the nasty weather. I don't think we even hit 50 degrees today! That kind of cold is quite rare here in Austin I'm happy to say. But sometimes when it's cold outside it makes staying home even more inviting. I'm blessed to share life with literally the 3 coolest kids on earth. Cassie, my home-loving 10 year old thespian, was happy about the rain...she said it makes things so cozy when we light candles on a rainy day and stay home. Caleb, my heartbreakingly sweet 5 year old, was full of love for mommy today...I swear he spontaneously said, "Mom, I love you" about 15 times throughout the day! How great is that?? After a lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and sweet peas, he and I had a blast playing Legos...his creations much more interesting and complex than mine of course (how do you make a paddleboat out of Legos?!) Alesia, ever brilliant and beautiful, soon to be 15 in July (hard to believe!) was full of inspiration and was at the computer for most of the day pouring herself into the book she's writing. I've been going out dancing and hanging out with friends more on the weekends when the kids are with their dad, and I'm having a great time meeting new people and learning something new too, but there's still something about the art of creating a home that is truly a haven that will always take precedence in my heart.

No comments: