Saturday, February 23, 2008

broken

They say that confession is good for the soul. I took a vacation from my soul over this past month. I made some choices that are not typical of me, that I don't respect, and I'm mad at myself. Nothing irreparable or earth-shattering, but I definitely should have known better. I don't want to be like the old lady in those commercials from the 80's "I've fallen and I can't get up!!!" Well, I have fallen, but I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off, and getting back to the real me. Things like this can be opportunities in disguise. You don't realize a car needs fixing until it breaks down, and then you take it to the mechanic, and he opens the hood, diagnoses the problem, and makes the necessary repairs. We all have broken parts inside us, but we often go through life blissfully unaware, feeling not quite whole but not knowing why, until we finally break down and mess up big time. Then comes the process of opening up the hood, and looking inside our hearts and hopefully healing what is broken. I didn't realize...I thought I was stronger than that...but I understand why...and I don't want to make the same mistake ever again.

No comments: